- No barbecue shall be located within any building used for habitation at any time, nor within any structure or building while in operation, nor within (10) ten feet from any building while in operation.
- There shall be NO OVERHEAD obstructions of any kind while any barbecue is in operation. (Obstructions shall include, but are not limited to: roofs, ceilings, decks, porches, overhangs, tree branches, clothesline, tents, etc.)
- Barbecues shall not be placed on porches, roofs, nor balconies, or near any flammable or combustible material.
- Adequate precautions shall be taken to prevent any and all propane vapors from entering any building or enclosed area in the event of a release.
- No barbecue shall be left unattended at any time while in operation or until cool to the touch
- Only CHARCOAL, CHARCOAL BRIQUETTES, or PROPANE shall be used as fuel.
- ONLY charcoal lighter fluid or an approved electric device may be used to accelerate charcoal/briquette ignition and only in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions
- Used charcoal/briquettes are to be thoroughly extinguished by water and disposed of in a safe manner away form buildings, combustibles etc.
- All lighter fluid containers, propane cylinders, or charcoal/charcoal briquettes are to be stored in a safe manner away from buildings, combustibles and sources of ignition and kept securely closed.
safe and healthy